Ad Ops Manager
The Role: Ad Ops Manager
The Facts: The Johnson Group helps brands slay the giants that stand in the way of their success by blending fresh ideas with proprietary direct response tools to forge deeper brand connections and more profitable conversions. We provide full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science and full-stack development to video/photo content, and strategy and creative.
The Gist: If you are looking for a team instead of a holding company and you dream about the perfect blend of collaboration and autonomy, keep reading. The Johnson Group is a place where every person is truly a part of building what the future of the agency looks like. Everyone is empowered to Dig for Big. This means we are looking for big skills, big outside-the-box thinking, and big passion.
The Summary: As the Ad Ops Manager, you will be responsible for managing the trafficking setup and the delivery of The Johnson’s Group ad campaigns for our clients. By working alongside internal and external teams on a day-to-day basis, you will also help design and consult on campaign setup that will help reach our clients’ media KPIs. You are social media- and programmatic-savvy and a natural problem solver, and you are also an expert communicator — able to dive in to retrieve details and then discuss them in a human ways.
- Manage campaign timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams in a timely manner; including ensuring appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly
- Implement, QA, and troubleshoot ad campaigns
- Act as in-house platform expert and escalation point on product and technology issues
- Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
- Assist in the development of new internal products and in the vetting and onboarding of new third-party ad platforms
- Display multitasking skills by keeping multiple projects on-track
- A technical authority for all technical issues involved in running online ad campaigns (including trafficking of remarketing capabilities, VAST/In-Stream Video, Rich Media and Audio)
- Work closely with media vendors and media teams to resolve reporting and/or billing discrepancies
- Plan, organize, activate and control daily process
- Support teams in preparing and delivering assets to media vendors
- Work with media, creative and analytics teams at the onset of a campaign to identify and implement all creative and technical requirement
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working at an agency in an Ad Ops or trafficking capacity
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel, Third Party Ad Servers (DoubleClick DCM and/or AtlasDMT) and rich media technology
- Deep understanding of paid social (Meta/TikTok/LinkedIn) and programmatic marketing tactics and experience with media buys
- In-depth knowledge of social and programmatic media platforms and how to define and reach a target audience
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced experience in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Analytics, Trade Desk and other DSPs.
- Ability to independently activate, manage, and optimize campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Optional hybrid work environment for locals in our beautifully renovated downtown office (with paid parking) OR remote work environment for non-locals
- 100% employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employee AND two family members. (Oh yes, you read that right. 100%. Employer. Paid.)
- 401k with company match
- PTO, sick days, and paid holidays
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide social events like an annual lake day, team specific retreats, and more
- Summer Fridays
The Awards: The Johnson Group has been nationally recognized by the major industry awards and publications including Adweek, Ad Age, Communication Arts, Archive, ONE SHOW, EFFIES, ADDYS, and OBIES.