Digital Strategy Director
The Role: Digital Strategy Director
The Facts: The Johnson Group helps brands slay the giants that stand in the way of their success by blending fresh ideas with proprietary direct response tools to forge deeper brand connections and more profitable conversions. We provide full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science and full-stack development to video/photo content, and strategy and creative.
The Gist: If you are looking for a team instead of a holding company and you dream about the perfect blend of collaboration and autonomy, keep reading. The Johnson Group is a place where every person is truly a part of building what the future of the agency looks like. Everyone is empowered to Dig for Big. This means we are looking for big skills, big outside-the-box thinking, and big passion.
The Summary: At The Johnson Group, the Digital Strategy Director is the lead strategist for the Talent Acquisition Marketing and Advertising Center of Excellence. Giants come in numerous forms, including new/existing competitors, economic shifts, and/or consumer perceptions. This lead strategist is responsible for strategic thinking, creative problem solving, exceptional storytelling, and, most importantly, a solid plan to slay clients’ giants and achieve their business objectives.
You will need a proven track record of building marketing strategies for the Talent Acquisition Marketing and Advertising practice, including experience with various industries such as driver recruitment, hospitals, salons, salons, tech, etc. Your experience should include experience in consulting, mapping consumer/candidate experiences, developing marketing strategies, creating and presenting proposals, and gleaning unique insights.
You will be able to harness the depth and breadth of The Johnson Group’s capabilities to expand relationships across the client organization, identify new opportunities, and create innovative ways to help clients take full advantage of today’s and future innovations.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the account, the brand, the various clients, and its business objectives
- Work with the Account Management, Media, Creative, Technology, and Analytics teams to stay abreast of trends (industry, consumer, digital), understand how these trends affect client business and marketing initiatives, and create clear, concise strategic stories
- Ensure the strategic story is quantifiably supported (e.g. forecasted results, reach and frequency levels, media mix, and how these apply), fits the brand’s personality, and shows a path to profitable ROAS
- Strive to understand decision maker (and influencer) needs and motivations. Build trust and authority with clients at all levels, in various departments
- Team up with Analytics to measure, analyze, seek unique insights, and optimize. Go beyond what is found in Google Analytics and understand how other trends can impact performance (economic, competitive, culture, etc.)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of The Johnson Group offerings and solutions, brand and network building, cross-client line of businesses, and industry trends
- Successful track record 5+ years of creating marketing strategies and analyzing data within a professional services / consulting / advertising agency environment
- Proficiency in Google Analytics is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills are a must
- Experience creating strategic recommendations for large multi-million dollar accounts, ideally within the Talent Acquisition Marketing and Advertising space
- Awareness of Talent Acquisition and overall advertising industry trends, challenges, opportunities, and disruptors
- Can take a consultative approach to engaging with executives as well as speak to both tactical and strategic decision-makers across the organizational hierarchy
- Ability to align marketing and advertising strategy with business strategy
- An acute understanding of analytics and how to use them to develop strategies and forecast and track ROAS
- A strategic understanding of branding and advertising
- A strategic understanding of today’s comprehensive media world including digital display, video, programmatic, SEM, and all paid social platforms
- High-energy, can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate and contribute cross-functionally throughout the various agency departments
- Strong learning mindset and drive for continuous evolution and self-improvement
- Flexible and mobile, able to work in a hybrid WFH, office, and travel environment as the role necessitates
- Location preference – Eastern or Central Time Zone Preferred. Agency is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN (must have the ability to travel to the client site on an as-needed basis)
- Optional hybrid work environment for locals in our beautifully renovated downtown office (with paid parking) OR remote work environment for non-locals
- 100% employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employee AND two family members. (Oh yes, you read that right. 100%. Employer. Paid.)
- 401k with company match
- PTO, sick days, and paid holidays
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide social events like an annual lake day, team specific retreats, and more
- Summer Fridays
The Awards: The Johnson Group has been nationally recognized by the major industry awards and publications including Adweek, Ad Age, Communication Arts, Archive, ONE SHOW, EFFIES, ADDYS, and OBIES.