The Johnson Group provides full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science, and full-stack development to video/photo content and EFFIE-winning strategy and creative. All under one roof. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, we are looking to add a Senior Copywriter who digs for big – the kind of big ideas that slay giants. At The Johnson Group, we specialize in teaming up with brands that the Giants are outspending in their categories to launch smart, unexpected ideas that stand out in the marketplace and beat the odds. After all, nothing tastes better than a Giant competitor’s lunch. Our Weapons: Make no mistake; marketing is war. (Why do you think they call them ‘campaigns’?) So we stockpile weapons that lock in on the optimal strategy, deliver the most relevant messages to the right places, and then measure our successes, battle after battle.
We empower our employees to always “dig for BIG!” That means we are looking for an applicant with BIG passion, BIG skills, and BIG creativity. Sound like you? Then let’s talk more about what you’d be doing.
As a Senior Writer, you will concept, present, write and help produce work in every conceivable advertising media (including some you may help invent). You will partner with an Art Director and work closely with Creative Directors, Project Managers, and Account executives to immerse yourself in brands in a variety of categories, from consumer packaged goods and fast food to healthcare, banking, trucking/logistics, and education. You’ll write copy and tell brand stories that are concise and compelling, with additional opportunities to stretch out in some longer copy formats. And you’ll do it all among a group of people we believe are the most fun folks in the ad business (if we do say so ourselves).
- Concept breakthrough creative ideas across all media
- Write clear and concise headlines, copy and scripts that tell a brand’s story and get results
- Devour creative briefs and other background info, asking thought-provoking questions that help arrive at a deeper understanding or unique insight
- Partner with an art director to “own” each project from concept through execution
- Present your work with confidence internally and to clients
- A love of advertising
- 5-plus years experience as a writer and conceptual thinker
- A solid foundation in traditional media, but with an overarching digital and video mindset
- The ability to mine for insights that inform great concepts
- Experience with audio and video production—collaborating on-set, directing voice talent, etc.
- And, of course, solid persuasive writing skills and a passion for writing short copy, long copy, and everything in between
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work schedule
- 10 days of PTO + 6 Sick Days + paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Disability, and Vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Summer Friday hours
- Wellness benefit reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tons of growth opportunities…and much more!
Submit resume/LinkedIn profile to apply.
The Johnson Group is a technology forward, advertising agency based out of Chattanooga, TN. We have fun and we slay giants.