Digital Conversion Copywriter/Marketer
Job Type: Full Time
The Johnson Group provides full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science, and full-stack development to video/photo content and EFFIE-winning strategy and creative. All under one roof. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, we are looking to add a Digital Conversion Copywriter/Marketer who digs for big – the kind of big ideas that slay giants. At The Johnson Group, we specialize in teaming up with brands that the Giants are outspending in their categories to launch smart, unexpected ideas that stand out in the marketplace and beat the odds. After all, nothing tastes better than a Giant competitor’s lunch. Our Weapons: Make no mistake; marketing is war. (Why do you think they call them ‘campaigns’?) So we stockpile weapons that lock in on the optimal strategy, deliver the most relevant messages to the right places, and then measure our successes, battle after battle.
We empower our employees to always “dig for BIG!” That means we are looking for an applicant with BIG passion, BIG skills, and BIG creativity. Sound like you? Then let’s talk more about what you’d be doing.
You thrive on the challenge to improve open and click-through rates on emails, conversion rates on social, and checkouts on websites and landing pages. You understand that digital writers must have the ability to analyze data to optimize campaign content on the fly.
Skills you will need:
- Expertise in conversion copywriting and using words to drive users to take action (including understanding the Rule of One)
- Ability to digest information from a variety of sources and translate it into compelling copy for use in web, email, and social
- Experience with user research and extracting valuable insights which can be applied to improve copy and messaging
- Command of email best practices, processes, and ability to plan and execute drip marketing email campaigns (using tools like Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Hubspot, etc.)
- Deep understanding and demonstrated ability in creating high-performance social media campaigns across all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok, etc.
- Conversion optimization experience and/or certification necessary for optimizing web, shopping, landing pages, and email campaigns
- Experience with balancing compelling copy while adhering to SEO best practices
- Proven ability to work with digital artists to execute visual assets necessary for all assets
- Ability to use and interpret data for optimization from heatmaps, session recordings, user surveys, and other data sources.
- Degree in English, Marketing, or Journalism
Familiarity and/or Expertise:
- Google Docs
- Usability Hub
- Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Hubspot
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work schedule
- 10 days of PTO + 6 Sick Days + paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Disability, and Vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Summer Friday hours
- Wellness benefit reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tons of growth opportunities…and much more!
If you are up for the challenge and meet the requirements above, apply today!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org