The Role: Front-End Developer
The Facts: The Johnson Group helps brands slay the giants that stand in the way of their success by blending fresh ideas with proprietary direct response tools to forge deeper brand connections and more profitable conversions. We provide full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science and full-stack development to video/photo content, and strategy and creative.
The Gist: If you are looking for a team instead of a holding company and you dream about the perfect blend of collaboration and autonomy, keep reading. The Johnson Group is a place where every person is truly a part of building what the future of the agency looks like. Everyone is empowered to Dig for Big. This means we are looking for big skills, big outside-the-box thinking, and big passion.
The Summary: We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design to code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will work with other development disciplines to architect full web framework solutions from end to end.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Architect WordPress plugins and themes while utilizing Pantheon as a development lifecycle platform
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficient utilization of development operations principles such as ssh keys, command line interfacing, FTP/SFTP
- Proficient knowledge and experience with WordPress theme and plugin development
- Proficient knowledge and experience with database engines such as MySQL and SQL Seve
- Proficient utilization of server-side CSS pre-processing platform SASS
- Proficient utilization of CSS frameworks and practices such as BEM and Bootstrap
- Proficient utilization of Front-end build and bundling pipelines such as gulp and WebPack
- Proficient utilization of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient utilization of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as GIMP or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient utilization of code versioning tool Git
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimization principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Good understanding of Search Engine Marketing principles
- Code reviews and restructuring for reusability and efficiency
- Familiarity with AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages by Google)
- Experience with Pantheon WebOps Platform
- Experience with Google Cloud
- Optional hybrid work environment for locals in our beautifully renovated downtown office (with paid parking) OR remote work environment for non-locals
- 100% employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employee AND two family members. (Oh yes, you read that right. 100%. Employer. Paid.)
- 401k with company match
- PTO, sick days, and paid holidays
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide social events like an annual lake day, team specific retreats, and more
- Summer Fridays
The Awards: The Johnson Group has been nationally recognized by the major industry awards and publications including Adweek, Ad Age, Communication Arts, Archive, ONE SHOW, EFFIES, ADDYS, and OBIES.