Senior Media Manager
The Role: Senior Media Manager
The Facts: The Johnson Group helps brands slay the giants that stand in the way of their success by blending fresh ideas with proprietary direct response tools to forge deeper brand connections and more profitable conversions. We provide full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science and full-stack development to video/photo content, and strategy and creative.
The Gist: If you are looking for a team instead of a holding company and you dream about the perfect blend of collaboration and autonomy, keep reading. The Johnson Group is a place where every person is truly a part of building what the future of the agency looks like. Everyone is empowered to Dig for Big. This means we are looking for big skills, big outside-the-box thinking, and big passion.
The Summary: The Johnson Group is looking for an experienced Senior Paid Media Manager to join our team. As a Senior Paid Media Manager, you will own the online marketing campaigns and help drive results for our clients. You will drive performance through daily team and account management, optimization, and strategy. You will work closely with the Directors and Account Executives to report, relay trends, provide insights, strategies, and implement optimizations. We are looking for a self-motivated, data-driven individual who thrives in a competitive environment to help grow our book of high-profile clients.
- Collaborate with strategy and analytics teams to develop and implement comprehensive media strategies that align with the client’s goals and target audience.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities to enhance team members’ skills and expertise.
- Delegate tasks effectively, manage workloads and ensure the team’s performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Oversee media buying activities, ensuring optimal placements, rates, and ROI.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with media vendors to negotiate advantageous terms and partnerships.
- Monitor and analyze media budgets to optimize spend while achieving campaign objectives.
- Implement data-driven approaches to measure campaign performance and extract actionable insights that align with client goals.
- Utilize analytics tools to track KPIs, identify successes, and areas for improvement, making data-backed recommendations.
- Prepare and present comprehensive media performance reports to clients and leadership teams.
- Oversee Social, SEM, and Programmatic media strategies.
- 3 – 5 years of agency experience directly managing high-budget paid search, display, video & social campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong knowledge of paid search, social and programmatic (Google Ads, Bing Ads, Meta, Tiktok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and programmatic vendors)
- Experience with search, display, remarketing/retargeting, video, RLSA, and PLAs/shopping campaigns
- Strong experience managing individual clients with a monthly advertising budget greater than $100K/mo and a total client portfolio exceeding $1M/mo
- Proven track record of decreasing CPA, increasing ROI and can show real world examples
- Advanced Google Analytics knowledge
- Google Ads Editor power user
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to support strategy and recommendations with meaningful data
- Experience with advanced lead generation campaigns
- Conversion rate optimization and conversion funnel analysis
- A/B testing experience
- Experience generating granular monthly reports for clients
- Google Ads/Bing Ads Certified and Meta Blueprint Certification
Additional areas of experience that would be of benefit:
- Experience working with retailers in the CPG space
- Onsite and Offsite Display
- Talent acquisition and/or significant lead generation experience
- Transportation, Healthcare, CPG, Education industry experience
- Experience with DSPs and less-common ad networks
- Pixel setup and configurations
- Excel macro experience
- Google Tag Manager experience
- Optional hybrid work environment for locals in our beautifully renovated downtown office (with paid parking) OR remote work environment for non-locals
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employee AND two family members. (Oh yes, you read that right. 100%. Employer. Paid.)
- 401k with company match
- PTO, sick days, and paid holidays
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide social events like an annual lake day, team-specific retreats, and more
- Summer Fridays