The Role: UX/UI Designer
The Facts: The Johnson Group helps brands slay the giants that stand in the way of their success by blending fresh ideas with proprietary direct response tools to forge deeper brand connections and more profitable conversions. We provide full-funnel marketing and advertising from brand positioning, research, data science and full-stack development to video/photo content, and strategy and creative.
The Gist: If you are looking for a team instead of a holding company and you dream about the perfect blend of collaboration and autonomy, keep reading. The Johnson Group is a place where every person is truly a part of building what the future of the agency looks like. Everyone is empowered to Dig for Big. This means we are looking for big skills, big outside-the-box thinking, and big passion.
The Summary: You’ll have the opportunity to design a wide variety of conversion-based websites and landing pages as well as digital products. We’ll be counting on you to ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. Your passion for delivering creative solutions to UI/UX design problems will be demonstrated by your commitment to keeping up with the best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets.
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, prototypes, and UI/UX Style Guides.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography, graphic design, and ADA compliance requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- A strong portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, Invision, iOS, Android, and Design Systems.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Current & relevant design trends, best practices, and related technologies.
- Responsive design principles & UX strategy and execution.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS to leverage templating and development efficiencies.
- Optional hybrid work environment for locals in our beautifully renovated downtown office (with paid parking) OR remote work environment for non-locals
- 100% employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employee AND two family members. (Oh yes, you read that right. 100%. Employer. Paid.)
- 401k with company match
- PTO, sick days, and paid holidays
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Company-wide social events like an annual lake day, team specific retreats, and more
- Summer Fridays
The Awards: The Johnson Group has been nationally recognized by the major industry awards and publications including Adweek, Ad Age, Communication Arts, Archive, ONE SHOW, EFFIES, ADDYS, and OBIES.